Managing private lenders has become extremely complex. In addition to the challenges of properly reporting assets such as distressed loan purchases or real estate owned properties for financial and tax purposes, or the timely reporting of K-1s, there is also a growing concern about the impact of increased regulatory and documentation standards.
We have more than 20 years of experience working with private lenders who manage everything from start-up funds to funds worth more than $50 million. We believe our real value comes from our ability to strategize with management to maximize the impact of their business decisions and how they are presented to investors in their financial statements and reflected on their K-1s.
We are industry experts in the private lending industry. Our staff is actively involved with the California Mortgage Association (CMA) and consistently work with the organization to assist in resolving industry issues that impact private lenders.
Our services include:
- Structure and formation
- Audit, reviewed, or compiled financial statements
- Real Estate Owned analysis, accounting, and related tax impact
- Discounted note purchase analysis, accounting, and related tax impact
- Investor suitability
- Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI)
- Licensing requirements
- Tax reporting requirements for out-of-state investors
- Threshold reporting requirements